In 1899, John Schnepf registered a rear-wheel friction drive motor. The principle of action is very simple. The motor is located in the drum and is rotated by the friction foundry wheel. The whole assembly can be fixed on the riser and the rear fork of the ordinary bicycle through the external cage. The battery can be installed in the front triangle of the frame. The advantage is that it is very convenient to convert a regular bicycle into a motorcycle. In fact, today, more than one hundred years later, such products are still active in the conversion market.
▲In 1899, John Schnepf, rear wheel friction motor